Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Verlassen Amerika

My month long travel across the world starts on June 2nd with a trip to Dallas.  I left a day before my flight so that I would be able to start my architectural journey as soon as possible.  We started by driving across the coolest bridge to no where, which was closed on my previous trip, the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge by Santiago Calatrava.  The experience was respected for the ability to intelligently engineer a structure that still maintains a nice one of a kind architectural design.

After that we drove by the up and coming Perot Science Center by Morphosis which is still under construction, but the detail of the casted concrete walls and the glazed deconstructive stairwell hovering over a glazed base with concrete superstructures is amazing.
To end the Dallas trip I had a somewhat authentic Mexican cuisine  lunch, where I had fried sopapilla with ice cream which was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment