Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Final Week

The project above is a new housing unit built by Jurgen Meyer.  On our remaining few days in Germany the class was able to visit areas that have were rebuilt shortly after world war two.  Most of these buildings were housing complexes.  We saw complexes from both east and west Berlin, where the two sides were almost in a building war with each other.
At the end of the week we visited the Soviet memorial and learned about the cold war.
For our last weekend in Germany Lindsy and I took a four hour train ride to Frankfurt Germany where we visited the Myzeil Mall by Massimiliano Fuksas and Richard Meiers Museum fur Kundsthandwerk.

We also attended a Mac Miller concert while we were there and then made our way back to Berlin.

Finally the month long experience was over and I did not want to leave.  After all of the things that we were able to see and do, I learned so much and have so many new ideas about my views on the world, people,  and my own life choices.  I am so thankful that I was able to take part in this great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment